Thursday 17 April 2014

If I Stay

Beanie: Flea Market in Florence, Italy
Denim Jacket: Forever 21
Dress: Forever 21
Watch: Skagen 
Tights: Charlotte Russe
Boots: Forever 21
Mustache Ring: Gift
Arrow Midi Ring: Nordstrom BP 
Sunnies: Forever 21

I'm a huge fan of mixing styles and I've wanted to dress down this editorial-looking dress for a while. To make it edgier, I threw on a red beanie and an oversized denim jacket. Beanies instantly make any look more casual, so I knew I had to wear a beanie with this dress because I thought it would create a really interesting casual-formal cocktail. I was pretty happy with the result and felt very NYLON writer in my ensemble-- channeling the cool chic of Rachael Wang. To add an extra dash of ritzy to complement the style of the dress, I slipped into my white lace tights. Then, I accessorized with a watch and a couple of rings because my hands looked a little bare. I'm not much of an accessories girl (even though I want to be), so when I decide to wear accessories it's usually just a watch with a ring or two. 

Now I'm going to go off on a little rant because I feel inclined to throw these thoughts in my head out into the openness of the World Wide Web. Have you ever met someone that you just want to spend time with and talk with and laugh with even though it's all kinda unreasonable and there's barely any time to spend? It's like if you don't, you'll always wonder in a very Before Sunrise manner? Well, I've been hit with an incredibly cruel case of bad timing and the logical thing to do would be to walk away because of the impossibility of anything resulting from continued interaction, but I can't. I can't because I think it's stupid to cut a connection due to circumstance. But maybe there is no connection at all and it's all in my head and now I'm rambling so I'll stop before I write an entire novel. But yeah, it sucks meeting someone really rad during your last semester of college. I'm foolishly unconcerned about the numbered days, and would be completely content with soaking in the little time we have left, but it takes two and I don't really know how he feels, so que sera sera I guess. Blah blah blah music time.

Music
Please Stay by Summer Heart
I Wanna Go by Summer Heart 
Play with Fire by Vance Joy

Oh and I ate dinner with Ronnie and his parents and his friend Kaitlin today and pretty much encountered the best margarita in da world. I didn't actually get it myself, but I had a sip of Ronnie's and it was the bomb dot com. Seriously check out my Insta to see a pic. Absolutely amazeballs. Omg. 

xx 

9 comments:

  1. awesome jacket, like the details on it and the oversized fit.
    xx http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the oversized denim jacket! Fab!
    -Nicole
    Mod Moms & Tots
    www.modmomsandtots.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super dope blog! That dress is everything <3
    ~Jess
    www.xofashionconfetti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your the red hat is cute.
    http://www.eozy.com/hats

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your glasses, I think that your glasses are fashionable.
    http://www.eozy.com/sunglasses

    ReplyDelete