Sunday 14 February 2016

On the Run

Beret: Vintage
Dress: Zara
Socks: Betsey Johnson
Shoes: Target 
Sunglasses: H&M 

I drove from Los Angeles to Yuma with nothing but a beret, a pair of sunglasses and a copy of Virgin Suicides. I drove for miles and miles and miles until I reached nothing but sand and sky. The kind of place where you find eternity in endless hills of gold and the deepest blue. Remember when we were 17 and you weren't ready to leave the familiarity of our small town and I was ready to be everywhere but Carlsbad? Now it's the opposite. Well, at least for me. I don't know what you think anymore. But I always end up returning to familiarity even when I'm running. 

I drove from Los Angeles to Yuma in an attempt to forget you. I drove from Los Angeles to Yuma because there are ghosts in Carlsbad. I drove from Los Angeles to Yuma and came here. Where no memories exist. Where you can walk forever and ever and ever and still be in the same place. Because that's the thing about places. You can drive for miles and miles and miles and still feel haunted. 

I still remember everything.

1 comment: