Saturday 29 March 2014

You and I

Dress: Anna Sui
Headband: Urban Outfitters
Heels: Nine West 

I'm typically not a fan of dumping my smartphone photos onto my blog, but I had to make an exception for my best friend, Ronnie. In a mad swirl of sentimental feelings and graduation blues, we both decided to overcome our hatred of organized dances and go to his Dome Dance. This child not only understands my weird, but he joins in and makes me act even weirder. Therefore, it was only appropriate that we dressed up and danced in the place that brought us together. After graduation, he's off to LSU to get an artsy fartsy MFA in poetry whilst it looks like I'm (hopefully) heading towards London to pursue my fashion dreams in the Conde Nast Vogue program (just found out I got in a few days ago!), so who knows when we'll see each other again. 

I only met Ronnie a year ago, but it feels like we've known each other forever. He makes me laugh until I literally fall to the floor, watches me cry about the most inane things (and doesn't run away screaming, even when it's something stupid like that time I cried when I remembered a heartbreaking scene we watched from the Phantom of the Opera), calls me out when I'm being totally dumb, believes in me when I don't believe in myself, and knows me so well that he knows when I have a crush on a guy before I do. We have a once in a lifetime kind of friendship, so it'd be a crime not to dedicate a blogpost to our crazy. #DomeDance2014

1) Our we-don't-want-to-go-to-this-dance-so-we're-going-to-waste-time-taking-a-bunch-of-photos-so-we-can-be-as-late-as-possible selfies:  

2) Our omg-this-is-so-painful-why-are-we-at-this-dance-someone-please-get-us-outta-here selfies:

3) After a little over an hour, we finally left the dance. Whilst walking back to my dorm, Ronnie let me indulge in my annoying affinity for snapping photos in rando places. He wouldn't let me post the pictures of him because he said he looked derpy. #RonnieProblems 

4) Then we went to our school's bar to drink fancy drinks and chat aka he got a Long Island and went on Tinder whilst I got a Sour Apple Martini and went on Instagram. #millennials 

5) And our night ended in pizza, duh. 

Ronnie, my dear, thanks for living in a world of make-believe with me. I hope we never go a day without being the best of friends. You are my fellow freak of nature and soulmate for lyfe. 

“You're the strangest person I ever met, he said & I said you too & we decided we'd know each other a long time.” 

xx

5 comments:

  1. Love the outfit so much so cute! Very 1920s. Congrats on your opportunity in London sounds so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one plans to fail, but many fail to plan. When you know what you want, the whole world will be out of your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your hair accessories this is nice.
    http://www.eozy.com/hair-ornaments

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you this black skirt, because I think it is fashionable.
    http://www.eozy.com/dresses

    ReplyDelete