Saturday 15 August 2015

Toying Somewhere Between Love & Abuse

Top: Express
Pants: Zara
Booties: River Island 

I recently discovered that I live next to Zara, which resulted in the purchase of wide-leg pants. This is why I can't live next to shopping centers. But these polka-dot pants are v much in line with my new Man-Repeller-meets-French-girl-cool style and I don't already own chic voluminous pants, so no buyer's remorse from me. (At least that's how I justify it to myself.)

Since it's 97 degrees in Southern California, I decided to team the pants with a ruffled tank top. To elevate my look a bit further, I slipped into a pair of pointy-toe booties. Then, I swiped on bright pink lipstick for an extra pop of color. 

If you're currently melting under the summer sun, I definitely recommend wearing wide-leg pants (of chiffon construction) with a dressy tank top. It keeps you well-ventilated and sophisticated at the same time. 

Music
Isn't Just by Danke

P.S. Can we talk about the location power of Sam Smith singing "Lay Me Down" in Grant Park under all the Downtown Chicago lights and emotion? Ugh, my heart is breaking. 

xx

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute outfit! I just got sucked into buying a pair of pants from Zara last weekend too. They were on sale so I was like, why not!? LOL

    -Jan
    janmloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete