Saturday 12 December 2015

Circle Circle Dot Dot

Sweater: Esprit
Dress: Wholesale Buying
Flats: Nine West 

Ate brunch with one of my dearest friends at Bottega Louie today (check my Insta for the respective snap; the food there is amazing and don't get me started on the interior decoration). She told me my style has evolved. More refined, she said. I explained to her that I was, indeed, trying to become more Man Repeller meets French-girl-cool in attire. Replacing trends with more timeless patterns (polka dots, stripes) and adopting a strong affinity for the turtleneck sweater as well as (gasp!) basics. I know, I know. I never thought I'd be into basics either, but here I am, a young twenty-something in search of the perfect crisp white button-down and pointy-toe ankle boots (cough cough these ones from Acne Studios). I also, believe it or not, wear denim jeans with a V-neck at least once a week now. Ah, adulthood. 

Thus explains my outfit of the day: a creme turtleneck sweater from Esprit teamed with a polka-dot pinafore dress from Wholesale Buying and Nine West flats. I felt like a British librarian in the best of ways. 

If this look has inspired you to pursue the pedantic way of dress, the pinafore I'm wearing above is only 6 bucks from Wholesale Buying. You can pair it with a turtleneck, cable knit sweater, button-down or even a casual tee. The options are endless! Style it in whatever way you please and then scurry off to The Last Bookstore. It is so, so cool. Went for the first time today and plan to spend most of my LA weekends there, especially since it's literally down the street from my apartment. 

Music 
(Because I forgot how much I love Enrique Iglesias)

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment