Saturday 5 December 2015

When We Were Young

Beanie: eBay
Sweater: H&M
Jeans: Wholesale Buying
Shoes: Target

From middle school to college, boys would ask me, "Did you pay full price for those jeans with holes in them?" And I'd respond, "Yup, I did." And they'd shake their heads in flabbergasted confusion and chortle a bemused, "I don't get it." Needless to say, I've been befuddling the opposite gender with my choice of denim since the early 2000s. 

For some reason unbeknownst to me (and clearly to the myriad of men who take it upon themselves to question my sartorial decisions), I've always had an affinity for destroyed denim. The sight of abrasions make my eyes sparkle and my bank account weep because "jeans with holes" are ironically quite pricey and no I can't make them myself. Believe me, I tried and epically failed.

But sometimes. Sometimes, the retail gods decide to #bless us plebic consumers with a pair of distressed denim in the perfect fit with the right amount of tears that (gasp!) don't cost an arm and a leg. 

The ones I'm wearing above, for example, are only 9 bucks. No, that's not a typo. They're 9 dolla dolla bills y'all. (See for yourself here.) Like...when does that ever happen? Well, I can tell you it happens all day errday on this Chinese e-commerce site called Wholesale Buying. They sell all the latest trends for basically pennies. Go take a peek for yourself if you don't believe me: wholesalebuying.com

On an entirely separate note, this article from Man Repeller was exactly what I needed this week. Given the alarming number of senseless and heartbreaking acts of violence occurring around the world these days, I think we all need some positive words in our lives. Let's also remember to try to understand and listen to different perspectives with peaceful empathy. Everyone has their own truths. Spread love, not hate.

Music
Coffee by Miguel 

xx

3 comments:

  1. You're both so pretty! I like your blog, would you like to follow each other?:)

    http://julesonthemoon.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I invite you to me.
    http://you-never-know-when-death-comes.blogspot.com/2015/12/05-intruz.html?m=1
    Follow my blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute and casual look. Looking great :)

    Jo x
    www.outlanderly.com

    ReplyDelete