Sunday 18 September 2016

IF YOU WANNA FIND LOVE THEN YOU KNOW WHERE THE CITY IS

Dress: STYLEWE
Socks: Target
Sandals: Teva 

So this is a funny story. For the past year, my mom has been sending me links from this site called STYLEWE. Her method of indirectly telling me I should ditch my weird sense of style and adopt a more Swiftian (as in Taylor Swift; not Jonathan Swift who I'm more sartorially akin to) way of dress. I opened one link, saw formfitting dresses and swiftly (ha) clicked out because, as you know, potato-sack chic is more my thing. From then on, I chose to ignore the flood of STYLEWE links in my email and texts. Sorry mom. 

8 months later, I get an email from STYLEWE asking me if I'll wear one of their products and feature it on my blog. Not making the connection that the STYLEWE that contacted me was my mom's beloved STYLEWE, I said sure because I'm a yes person. Scrolling through the site, I still didn't make the connection because they had all these gloriously kooky dresses. I sent my best friend Ronnie a milli links because I couldn't choose. There was a voluminous gray sweater dress. An adorable pink wool dress with stitched floral embellishments and a Peter Pan collar. This elegant powder blue midi dress. SO many options! I finally chose the above black number because it's versatile with ruffly flair! I can wear this to work, to a fancy schmancy event and to a lazy brunch with friends. 

When I got the package in the mail, I showed my mom and she was like, "OMG, it's STYLEWE, my favorite!" And I was like, "Que?" And she was like, "I send you links from them all the time! I check their site every morning!" And I was like, "HAHAHHAA, oops I stopped opening those links." So yeah, my mom freaked out and I laughed for an entire week because what the what. I don't know how they found me. Maybe the power of my mom's fandom created some sort of cosmic catalyst that resulted in this blogpost. So random. So hilarious. 

The moral of this story is that STYLEWE doesn't just sell tight, Taylor-Swift dresses. They also have dresses that fit my eccentric taste. Since the dress I chose is pretty tame, I decided to spruce it up with polka-dot socks and my iridescent Tevas. I felt like Man Repeller, which is always #outfitgoals. Some dude in the drive-thru of In-N-Out was also a really big fan of this get-up, so I'm not sure it succeeded in the literal man repelling sense...oh well, ya win some, ya lose some. I love it and that's what really matters. 

If you want to turn into my mom, you can voraciously consume STYLEWE's blog here and lurk their Pinterest here. My mom's going to be so stoked about this post. That is, if she reads this. She definitely reads STYLEWE's blog more than mine. It's ok. I'm not offended. Love you mom! 

:) 

Music

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment