Saturday 2 July 2016

TOUJOURS JEUNE

99 problems and most of them are due to my affinity for Byronic heroes 

HeywhatsupHELLO, I decided to make these shirts because 

1) I couldn't find a Kerouac shirt that I liked online or in-stores so I decided to make my own. It was inspired by how powerhouse publisher and all-around cool dude Barney Rosset made it possible for writers, like Kerouac, to use the word fuck. As someone with a punk rock mentality when it comes to literary endeavors (no I unfortunately never went through a sartorial punk rock phase #sigh #iwish), I am obsessed with the malleability of meaning and the fluidity of words. I actually wrote my honors thesis about stepping away from the confines of standard definitions and plunging into a wonderland of new words for the sake of sonic pathos. After all, what if someone years and years and years ago decided that cat would be the equivalent of Lord Voldemort instead of fuck? Anyways, I'm blabbering, this shirt really says it all. 

2) Duh, YEEZY SEASON

Because some people have already approached me about purchasing the Kerouac tee, I've decided to sell it! Click here to get one now!

xx

2 comments: