Saturday 18 June 2016

Gossamer

Top: Vintage
Culottes: H&M
Sandals: Target

Summer is here and MakeSpace (an on-demand storage service that picks up, stores and delivers your stuff !!!) recently asked me what I'm wearing and I chose, quite possibly, the worst outfit for the hottest season. In my defense, it's been unusually cold in LA, like, 50 (or maybe I'm hyperbolizing and it's actually been 60 but it feels like 50 so we're going with 50) degrees. And since anything below 70 is scarf and heavy jacket weather here in Southern California, I thought this was the perfect outfit for a gloomy and gray day. But as soon as I stepped outside and started trekking around Silver Lake, the sun came out and the temperatures rose. So yeah, I pretty much sweated up a salty rainstorm in my thick wool dress-that-I-turned-into-a-top-because-it's-a-little-on-the-short-side. My friends told me to just take off my pants, which I almost did, but then I realized I was carrying a tiny red velvet backpack and had no place to store them, so I just decided to boil away in the name of fashion. I felt like The Row in this look so it was worth it. Sorta. 

Speaking of storing shiz, MakeSpace is definitely better than a tiny red velvet backpack. If you have a lot of clothes, like I do, MakeSpace can come and plop all your fall/winter clothes in a storage facility so you don't have to dig through heaps of sweaters and jackets to get to your summer dresses and shorts. This translates to more minutes of sleep in the mornings, which is always a victory. If you want to spend less time riffling through your closet and more time in bed, check out MakeSpace's self-storage locations here and click your way to a more seasonally-appropriate closet. 

Music
Moai Y Yo by Maria Usbeck
Uno De Tus Ojos by Maria Usbeck
Never Ending by Rihanna 
Love on the Brain by Rihanna 
Higher by Rihanna 
Close To You by Rihanna

(Listen to the last 4 songs in chronological order and try not to cry.)

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment